Titles for New/Used Vehicle Purchases in Edgewater, MD
Please bring the following:
- Driver's License: If you have a Maryland license, we can usually give you tags on the spot. If you do not have a Maryland license or soundex number, we will have your tags within 2-3 business days.
- Valid Title: The state will not accept faxes or copies.
- Lien Release: (if needed) If the title has a lien holder printed in the left bottom corner, then a release is needed. If not, the title is clear. If official release has been lost, an original letter on the lien holder's letterhead is acceptable. The letter must include the VIN number, year and make, date of release and an original signature.
- Maryland Safety Inspection: White top copy. This is almost always required unless you meet the following requirements: 1) in state gift between parent/child or spouses. If the last names are different, proof of relationship is required. If gifting a vehicle please click on button below for (Application for Gift Form). 2)Historic/Street Rod- Vehicle must be 20 years or older. 3) Ambulance or funeral vehicle. 4) If the date of the inspection printed on the title is within 30 days of the re-title.
- Insurance Information: Company name and policy/binder number.
- Registration Card: If you are transferring a tag from another same class vehicle onto a newly purchased one.
- Bill of Sale: Notarized bill of sale required on vehicles that are 6 years old or newer. Vehicles from dealer/auction always require a bill of sale and odometer disclosure statement.
Grab the forms you need here!